Singaporean Style Crispy Chicken With Mango Kerabu

One time when I went to a local restaurant in Surabaya, I ordered this dish. What attracted me to this dish until I ordered it is because it has sour mango in its sauce. I think most girls will love this dish because it is crispy but it also taste sweet, sour and hot too. Which Southeast Asian girls can refuse this type of dish? Then last year when I went to Singapore, while walking around the famous Orchard Road, I saw a street book seller and I found this recipe in one of his books. I tried the recipe at home and I think the result is pretty good. I hope you can try it too...


Crispy Chicken With Mango Kerabu

Ingredients A :

2 chicken thighs, boned
some corn flour/corn starch

Ingredients B :

3 Tbs mango shreds
3 Tbs cucumber shreds
3 Tbsp onion shreds
1 Tbs red chili shreds

Marinade :

1 egg
1 tsp ginger juice
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sesame oil

Sauce :

250 ml fresh squeezed orange juice
1 tbs plum sauce
1 tbs chili sauce
2 Tbs lime juice
2 Tbs sugar
1/2 tsp salt
some corn flour / cornstarch and water for thickening

Method :

1. Mix chicken thighs with marinade and season for 3 hours. Coat with corn flour and deep-fry in hot oil until golden brown. Dish up and drain. Cut into serving pieces.

2. Bring all sauce ingredients to boil, thicken with corn flour water and add in (B). Mix well and pour over fried chicken. Serve hot.

NOTE: I think the key factor of this dish is the level of sourness of the mango that you use. It is all a matter of taste. I like to use a very sour one but off course you can always use different one. I like it very sour because the sauce is sweet so it sort of balance it out nicely.

Comments

Popular Posts