Pasta Aglio Olio

Baby sitting is really good at making me watch all those cooking channel and this is one of the result. I saw this pasta dish on FoodTV Canada. Once I saw how easy to make it and I bet most household will have the ingredients in their pantry, I could not resist to try it right away for our dinner.


Spaghetti Aglio Olio
Yield: 4
Ingredients:
Spaghetti Aglio Olio

* 1 lb. Spaghetti (500g)
* 4 oz breadcrumbs (100g)
* 1 bunch (small) Italian parsley, finely chopped
* 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
* 3 cloves garlic, diced
* 3 x dried chili peppers, crushed (optional)
* Salt to season


Directions:

1. Bring salted water to a boil, and cook spaghetti for about 8 minute. Remove just before the al dente stage. Drain but reserve a few ladles of pasta water.
2. Toast breadcrumbs along with parsley in a dry saucepan until golden brown.
3. In another pan, heat extra virgin olive oil and combine garlic and chili peppers. Cook for a few minutes or until golden brown. Do not burn the garlic; otherwise it will become bitter.
4. Add spaghetti to the pan with olive oil and mix well. To prevent dryness, ladle some pasta water to the pasta. Cook for another minute or until desired state of al dente.
5. Mix in toasted breadcrumbs and parsley before serving.


Note: I add Parmesan cheese on top of my pasta. That breadcrumbs topping is called poor man cheese. It's good if you can't eat diary product.

When I made this dish, I did not even use the recipe because it's that simple. Richard and Kai Kai love this dish so much that they both begged me to make it again. Richard even drove me to the grocery store so I can buy 3 packs of pasta since I used up all my pasta when I made this dish! I love it when they both loves a very easy recipe like this one!!!

Note: Another reason why I made this dish is because I want to use my home made stale bread.

Comments

Popular Posts