Japanese Recipe Books Review


Posted by Hello

Once in a while I found a great book that has reasonably easy recipes to follow. I guess, unless you are a true Chefs, it's really not practical to buy recipe books that has too complicated ingredients, tools or procedures. This weekend, I was lucky enough to buy 3 Japanese Recipe Books. I bought that 3 books for each different reason. This one is I bought it for it's practical recipes.

Another one I bought it because it's very educational, it uses local/native ingredients and for each ingredients, it has 2-3 recipes. The author also explain everything you need to know about the ingredients like how it looks like, taste, how it grow, nutritional benefit, etc.


Posted by Hello

Then the other book, I bought it just for knowing what high-end Japanese food looks like. The book was produce by the most famous Shunju Japanese Restaurant in Tokyo.



Beside these 3 new books, I also has others. Some are good and some are bad off course. I will show you Japanese recipe books that I think worth to buy them. Here is the list :

1. My oldest Japanese recipe book - "Japanese Cuisine"

Wei-Chuan, A taiwanese cooking school and food company. Posted by Hello

2. "Cuisine of the World - Japan" - this book consistently producing great results in my kitchen. As you can see the price tag. This book probably the cheapest Japanese Recipe Book that I have. I bought it from Costco.


Posted by Hello
3. "Japanese Cuisine for everyone" - by Quick & Easy


Posted by Hello
4."Recipes of Japanese Cooking"


Posted by Hello
5. "Practical Japanese Cooking"

"Practical Japanese Cooking" Posted by Hello

Then some books that I have not try the recipes yet, most of them I buy for my own reference. Here is the list :

1 "Bento Boxes"


Posted by Hello
2"Easy Japanese Pickling"


Posted by Hello
3.Cafe Japan


Posted by Hello
4. "Japanese Family-Style Recipe" - I found a great croquet recipe from this book.

Posted by Hello

Comments

Popular Posts