Coddled Eggs with Bacon & Goat Cheese

If you read my previous blog, you will know that my son's school needs lots of egg's shells for the class project. So when today I went to pick up my son again, I asked Miss Linda if she still need more egg's shells and she said yes. So I search another easy egg recipe to try and I found this recipe. I made some adjustment though, first I did not bake it, instead I cover the ramekins with cling plastic, then I steam them for about 10 minutes with medium-high heat. I also substituted the goat cheese with other cheese that I know my son will like it more.

My son loves it so much that he told me when later he is coming home from school he wants to eat it again. So he has this egg dish for his breakfast, then for his afternoon snack, and he asked me to make it for tomorrow breakfast again.

Mission accomplished.



Coddled Eggs with Bacon & Goat Cheese

A gentle cooking technique, coddling produces soft-cooked eggs. They can be prepared simply, seasoned with salt and pepper, or embellished with cooked diced bacon or ham, cheese, and chopped scallions or fresh herbs, as we’ve done in this recipe. A bit of cream enriches the dish.

Ingredients:

2 Tbs. plus 2 tsp. unsalted butter, at room
temperature
8 eggs
4 tsp. heavy cream
1/4 cup cooked diced bacon
1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese (chèvre) or
other cheese
4 tsp. scallions, thinly sliced diagonally
Salt and freshly cracked five pepper blend,
to taste
Toast for serving

Directions

Preheat an oven to 350°F. Have a pot of boiling water ready.

Butter the bottoms and sides of four 5.4-fl.-oz. Apilco ramekins with the 2 Tbs. butter. Put 1/2 tsp. butter in the bottom of each one. Break 2 eggs into each ramekin, then top each with 1 tsp. cream, one-fourth of the bacon and cheese, and 1 tsp. scallions. Season with salt and pepper. Cover the ramekins tightly with aluminum foil.

Place the ramekins in a baking dish and add boiling water to fill the pan halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake until the whites are just set and the yolks are runny, 18 to 22 minutes; for set whites and hard yolks, bake for 22 to 30 minutes.

Remove the ramekins from the baking dish and remove the foil. Serve immediately with toast. Serves 4.

Williams-Sonoma Kitchen.

Comments

Popular Posts